Tehran. Iran has claimed that it has doubled the production of weapons and defense equipment over the past year.
Reza Talaei-Nik, spokesperson for Iran’s Ministry of Defense, made the claim in an interview with state television IRIB on Friday.
According to Talaei-Nik, production of some strategic military materials and equipment has increased more than threefold since the war began in late February. He said that although several limited facilities within Iran’s defense industry were targeted during the 12-day war with Israel in June, the country’s production capacity has been significantly expanded.
He said Iran needs to further strengthen its military capabilities to confront the risk of external attacks against its independence. Iranian officials have claimed that Israel and the United States jointly launched attacks on Tehran and several other Iranian cities on February 28.
In response, Iran launched missile and drone attacks targeting Israel and U.S. military bases in the Middle East.
A ceasefire between the warring sides was reached on April 8. Later, on June 18, Iran and the United States signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) aimed at ending the regional conflict. Under the agreement, the two sides were expected to complete negotiations for a final deal within 60 days.
However, the Iranian side said that as of August 17, little progress had been made and tensions between the two sides remained high.
Source: CCTV



